Martes, Mayo 29, 2012

FORMATION IN A COCOON


I am very fascinated in our world that is one of the reason why I took up BS Biology in College as my degree. The world we live in are full of mysteries and for me one mystery that I kept on asking How is the metamorphosis growth of animals especially of insects. Metamorphosis is defined as a biological process by which an animal physically develops after birth or hatching, involving a conspicuous and relatively abrupt change in the animal's body structure through cell growth and differentiation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamorphosis).  Many insects uses this kind of growth and one famous insect is the butterfly. We all know that butterflies start as caterpillars then they stay in a cocoon, pupa or chrysalis and finally into a fully grown butterfly that has colorful wings and graceful flight. What is interesting or very mysterious to me is how a caterpillar turns into a beautiful butterfly inside its chrysalis? According to references, differentiation or development of immature cells happen inside the chrysalis. When a caterpillar is fully grown, it sheds a "skin" and attaches itself to a twig or leaf and there the pupal stage of the butterfly may begin. As I reflect on the butterfly's growth, I placed myself in the butterfly's position. All of us must grow, it is one of the characteristics of an organism. Yes, we grow. We get taller, our voice changes or grows especially for boys, etc. But above all this growth, there is another kind of growth that an organism especially a human develops and that is the growth in personality and attitude. I confess that I am not fully developed when it comes to personality and attitude even at my age. I'm 20 years old but I act as if I'm 12 years old especially when I'm very happy. In the end, some people get annoyed at me because of how the way I act. "Makulit" in Tagalog. I act like a child and for me it's very hard to change or act maturely. I'm very immature that's why I'm very sensitive and I cannot accept my mistakes or even realities in life. I am not a fully grown butterfly even though I'm about to celebrate my 21st birthday this coming August. I lack the maturity of interacting with the people around me, I lack the maturity of accepting my own faults and the realities of life. 

God has given me people to grow maturely, who will help me grow inside my chrysalis. I can say I am a fully grown caterpillar and about to enter my pupal stage of development. I must shed my own habits or my own life. I must shed the immaturity of my life and move on to the next phase of my development as an organism. I have encountered people who restrains me on doing my "makulit" habits like talking loudly and moving too much. I have to thank them for they have helped me realize my wrong doings and how I can have a good relationship with others. I must act as an adult butterfly now, I'm not getting younger as the days past by. I'm ready to enter a new chapter in my life and I pray that God may strengthen me to enter that chapter. i know He will never abandon me, He uses instruments to guide me. I must learn to be humble to accept my own faults (mea culpa) and learn to be a mature individual. To those whom I've done wrong or I have offended, I ask for forgiveness and for those who has and are helping me to grow. I thank you very much. It's time for this caterpillar to enter another stage of his metamorphosis so that I can reveal the beauty inside me. God bless you all =D

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento