Linggo, Oktubre 23, 2011

A DAY WITH THE FRANCISCANS AND THE DOMINICANS

Last October 4, 2011, The Holy Catholic Church celebrated the Feast of Our Holy Father St. Francis, the founder of the Franciscan Order and Patron of Ecology. It was highlighted by different celebrations from Parishes, Franciscan Communities, etc.

As for me, I joined the Dominicans headed by Rev. Fr. Nilo A. Lardizabal, OP to a Eucharistic Celebration at the St. Maximillian Major Seminary in Multinational Village, ParaƱaque City. The Seminary is the formation house for Franciscan Conventual Juniors. Joining with is are two Dominican Junior friars, two Dominican priests and my friend Ian Catadman. I went to Sto. Domingo Church around 3:00 in the afternoon to pray to Our Lady of La Naval de Manila, who is about to celebrate her feast day this coming October 9, 2011. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to attend the Novena Masses in her honor because of the far location of the Church from my office. So I went there last Tuesday to pray the rosary and ask Our Lady to pray for me especially in my current job, which I find it difficult because it is about sales and marketing and I really don't have an idea about this field. By 4:30 in the afternoon, we left Sto. Domingo Church, I was with the two brothers. We arrived in the Maximillian Seminary and the place was filled with devotees of Our Holy Father. We settled down and waited for the start of the Mass. Here I can say that the religious life is very beautiful even though some may come across difficult situations but you can see the communion with each other, a connection, an ambiance telling you that even though we do not know each other yet we are one in the service of God. 

In his homily, Fr. Nilo highlighted the relationship of St. Dominic and St. Francis. He also highlighted St. Francis' love for the Lord, enduring pain and other humiliations, yet he never complains. Those words struck me like a book slamming in my face. Why do I complain a lot? Complaining about my situations in life especially my current job, complaining how difficult it is because I don't have any idea of how I can manage this kind of job, and even complaining my service to God in our Parish. Who am I to complain? It really struck me, so I asked St. Francis to help me, guide me in my work, work efficiently and progress in it without complaining, swallow my pride and accept and consequences that would come that I know would be very inevitable.

After the Holy Mass, we had dinner with different religious communities in Multinational and also had a chance to bond with each other. I also met my new "brothers" in the Conventual Postulancy and I told them that I would return this coming long weekend before All Saints' Day. I enjoyed their company and they helped me inflame the desire to become a religious especially as a friar.

After the celebration, we went home and as for me I still think of that thought that St. Francis never complained even though he encountered countless difficulties and burdens in life. I pray that I may be like him I may accept all the difficulties in my life, pursue the job I am in and also pursue also my vocation to become a religious of the Order of Friars Minor Conventuals.

Our Holy Fathers Dominic and Francis helping each other
Our Holy Father St. Francis, Pray for us.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento